Saturday, January 28, 2012
I haven't been able to post manicures because my laptop crashed a week ago due to my hard drive. I had a similar problem months ago but the fix was temporary. This time my dad had my laptop at his work trying to fix it with his friend and he realized the hard drive was useless, so my dad did the nicest thing and ordered a new one (hard drive) and extra memory! I'm super happy that my laptop is fixed! I couldn't upload pictures on the family computer because I don't have the cord for my camera but now that my laptop is working, I can use my memory cards. To celebrate my first day back, I have Color Club Holiday Splendor. Even though the holiday's are long over, I feel like this is a color that can be worn anytime!
I cannot express how much I love it! I keep staring at my nails. It's a vivid and gorgeous shade of green, kind of like aqua. It kind of reminds me of Ariel's mermaid tail. It has holographic rainbow glitter, but blue and green pop out the most. The colored base makes it the easiest from the Beyond the Mistletoe collection to wear alone. The polish is thick but not a pain. I made sure I had enough on my brush so that it was easy to spread and it was fine. I used two coats, both which dried fast, and two coats of Color Club Vivid top coat. It's similar to China Glaze Atlantis but it's not a dupe.
Pictures! This kept wanting to lean toward blue in pictures, but it's a tad more green in real life. I included an indoor picture to highlight the glitter.
If you have this color in your stash and haven't worn it yet, I recommend that you do! It's a gorgeous color and has become one of my favorite Color Club polishes. You simply can't go wrong with holographic glitter!
Thursday, January 26, 2012
I'm sorry for not posting frequently, but I've been having some laptop troubles, so I'm only able to get on the family computer. About a week ago Ingie from fyeahilovenails tagged me for "11 Questions." It's my first tag so I couldn't wait to get started!
Rules for this tag:
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
- Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
- No tag backs.
- No stuff in the tagging section about 'you are tagged if you are reading this'. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Things About Me:
- I'm a huge Twilight fan, both of the books and the movies. But don't worry, I'm not one of those fans that will get mad at you if you don't like it!
- My dream is to visit England and live there! I just have a huge fascination with it. It's a mixture of the sights, the climate, and the people.
- My all time favorite movie is Titanic, which I saw in theaters when it came out, so I was 7. I've seen it so many times that I can practically recite all of the dialogue as it plays. I'm definitely going to see it when it comes back to theaters this April!
- I love books and reading! I find it totally relaxing and I love that I can drift off to another world. Despite how many books I already have, I still always want more.
- This correlates with #2, but I love English/British guys. Their accents are very sexy and I love their style.
- I'm not a fan of milk chocolate. I can handle it when it's covering something, but not when it's a solid bar. It's a different story for dark chocolate, I love that stuff.
- When I was around the age of 7-10, I use to be so scared of what could be in the dark of my bedroom, that I would sleep completely under my covers. Scary movies were to blame. It's weird now that I think about it, but it was totally comforting at the time.
- Robert Pattinson is my biggest celebrity crush. He's got the looks, a humble, down to earth and funny personality that I love, and he's English!
- I love dogs! Through out my life, I've owned a Shetland Sheepdog Shepherd mix named Bridgette, a German Shepherd Dingo mix named Samson, a black Labrador Border Collie Chow Chow (phew!) mix named Coco, and currently, a 11 month old Yellow Labrador Terrier mix named Dakota. My family is looking to add a new addition sometime in the future to join her!
- One of my biggest fears is public speaking. I get insanely nervous and anxious to the point where I shake, my voice falters, and my head races with negative thoughts. It got so bad at one point that I had to take medicine when I made speeches to help me. I mostly used it for my speech class which I was terrified of but it helped a lot and I ended up getting a B!
- Some of my favorite television shows over the years have included Supernatural, Gilmore Girls, The OC, One Tree Hill, Smallville, Dawson's Creek, and a show on BBC called, Robin Hood. Most of them are long over, so I just watch Supernatural now.
11 Questions I was tagged with:
- If you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, what would you do in your last living hours? I would go to Walt Disney World! I've been going to Disneyland ever since I was little and love anything Disney related, but I've never been there before.
- How do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully as a writer with published books, married with kids, and living in England!
- What brings back childhood memories? A lot of things! Slip and Slides, Barbies, Disneyland, Rugrats, All That, Nickelodeon, Pokemon, slap wrist bracelets, board games, Fun Dip, Dr. Seuss & Roald Dahl books, animated movies, running through the sprinklers, Girl Scouts, T-Ball & Little League, soccer, backyard and real camping!
- What is your favorite nail polish brand and what color from that brand? I love a lot of brands, but probably China Glaze! Their polish, Naked started my love/obsession for nail polish. I love their color variety, formula, accessibility, and price. Choosing one favorite is hard but a few include C-C-Courage, Skyscraper, and Mrs. Claus among many.
- What country would you like to visit? There's a lot! Mainly England, France, Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Russia, and Australia.
- When you're alone, do you sing and pretend you can actually sing? All the time! I love music, so I find singing fun, even though I'm not the best at it.
- Do you have a guilty pleasure? If so, what is it? Reading romance novels from authors like Nora Roberts and Diana Palmer. I have a few Diana Palmer books and a ton of Nora Roberts. My love for them started when I was living in Oregon with my dad when I was 12-13 years old. One day I was bored and went into the house office and found a few of my step mom's Nora Roberts books. I had nothing else to read, so I read those and got hooked! I know they're not the best books in the world or something you turn to when you want heavy and deep material, but it's the romance, as corny as it can be sometimes and the little twists and turns, that draws me in.
- Do you have weird habits? I'm not sure if this is considered a weird habit, but I crack my knuckles.
- Have you ever done something that you later regret? Of course! Sometimes I might say something without thinking which can get me in trouble. I also wonder how certain things in my life could have turned out if I made different choices, but I think everything happens for a reason.
- Do you have a favorite perfume? Hm, that's hard! I've always loved perfume and have owned many scents over the years. Some of my favorites have included Marc Jacobs Daisy, Ed Hardy for Women (Love Kills bottle), Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, and L De Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka.
- How would you like to spend your most relaxing day? Probably just by reading some books, writing, drawing, baking, and painting my nails!
Now the 11 Questions for the people I tag:
- What is the best dream you've ever had? And the worst?
- If you could live with only three nail polish colors for the rest of your life, what three would you pick?
- What is your favorite song and why? If you can't choose, what is your favorite song at the moment?
- If you could live in any place in the world, where would you live?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Without a doubt, what is your favorite movie and your least?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- What is your dream job?
- What is one fashion and/or beauty trend that you regret trying?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What is your favorite book?
The 11 people I tag:
- Sarah from See Sarah Swatch
- Chelsea from Nailed: A Nail Polish Blog
- Morgan from Procrastination Polish
- Anne from grape fizz nails
- Frosso from Lacquer Me Silly
- Lucy from Lucy's Stash
- Tee Dee from Cute-tickle Nails
- Meredith from Polish and Charms
- Lindsay from nailtopia
- Hermetic from Hermetic's polish blog
- Cathryn from hotpinkaurora
Thank you for reading my long post and hope you have fun with the tag! :)