Sunday, December 4, 2011

China Glaze Midtown Magic

Midtown Magic is the only color besides Skyscraper that I got from the Metro collection. It grabbed my attention immediately.

It's a darkened, almost black, brown base with gold and red flakes. It's a color that looks beautiful in the shade because of how the flakes stand out, but in the sun, it glows. I absolutely love it! It's completely unique to my collection. I have nothing like it, nor have I seen anything like it before.

It's darker then shown in my pictures below, due to my Color Club Vivid top coat, which is slightly tinted. It altered the color. I didn't realize how much until I was standing under fluorescent lighting and one nail that was drying and had no top coat was clearly dark, while the rest were murky looking. I had a feeling that it altered some of my previous manicures, like China Glaze Frosty, but I wasn't sure if it was just me. I decided that I'm just going to be using it over glitters from now on.

So I hate the pictures I have of it. It's extremely beautiful and I didn't do it justice at all. I waited too long before taking pictures. I not only have tip wear, but my top coat started to fade and peel in some areas. I really hate how it looks. I almost didn't want to post this.




 


Hope the pictures weren't too bad! Trust me, it's a million more times beautiful than I was able to show. If you don't already own this, go and get it! You have no idea what you're missing. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you - this colour is gorgeous. I haven't even tried it yet! It's the perfect fall colour, and I like the name, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)