Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day Manicure!

This is a little late, but better late than never! For my Christmas Eve/day manicure, I wore China Glaze Glittering Garland with Twinkle Lights on my tips. It was my first time doing tips, so it wasn't perfect but I was happy with the results and it's now one of my favorite manicures.

Glittering Garland is a deep forest green jelly with green-gold flakes. They make the polish glow and add something special. I probably wouldn't like it as much without them. Twinkle Lights is Christmas in a bottle with a mixture of green, red, and gold glitter. I missed out on Party Hearty last year, so I couldn't pass this one up.

Glittering Garland was opaque in two coats. Application was great, I had no problems. A thin coat of Twinkle Lights went on each tip. For the tips, I used manicure strips that I got at a garage sale this summer. My whole neighborhood took part and one house had nail stuff. The sale was over by then, so it was all free, but I only took the strips. I re-did three nails since I lifted off the tape too early. I used two coats of Color Club top coat. 



Glittering Garland is now one of my favorite polishes! It's very beautiful and I have nothing like it. Twinkle Lights is also pretty and I'm glad to own it. Both are winners in my book. Belated Merry Christmas to everyone, hope you all had a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love Glittering Garland! Definitely one of my favorite China Glazes; it's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glittering garland is AMAZING. love this mani!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)