Monday, December 12, 2011

Haul...yet again!

I really didn't expect to buy much polish after my last haul, but I can't help it. I found some awesome polishes last week, along with a set of tools that I'm excited to show you!

The beauty store I went to last Monday on a whim is nail polish heaven! They had OPI, China Glaze, Zoya, Orly, Essie, NYX, Manic Panic, Color Club, etc. Because of my previous haul, I couldn't go crazy but it was hard since I wanted just about every color I saw.

Here are the two that I got:

Orly Galaxy Girl. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but my mind changed the more I saw swatches. It's been the hardest for me to find, but there were 5 bottles of it at the store!
 
OPI I Lily Love you. I was the most excited about this one! I wanted it the most from the Nice Stems collection. There was only one bottle left, so it was definitely meant to be.

Before I show my last nail polish find, here are the tools I got. A few months ago I saw a blog post about cosmetic applicators from the Target brand Up & Up. They're like Q-tips, but much different and cooler! I found a box of them last week.

Here's a picture of them:
They're especially designed for makeup tasks, such as fixing/cleaning up your nail polish! As you can see, one side is pointed and the other is a flat paddle. They're not as fluffy as a regular Q-tips, making it easier for a smoother clean up. I don't have many tools for clean up, so before I would use a regular Q-tip which isn't easy. Until I get some paint brushes, these are perfect for me. I've only used them for a glitter manicure so far and even though cleaning up glitter isn't super easy, they helped a lot! They only cost $1.99 for a pack of 75.

Now my most exciting find! I went to Ross yesterday not looking for anything specific. I wasn't finding anything new or exciting, so I was about to leave but as I walking past a shelf of bath products there was a random pack of these...

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms in South Sea Pearl, Blush Diamond, Diamond, and Ruby Diamond! I've never seen these at Ross before. It was a set of 5, but sadly Lapis Amethyst was broken and I couldn't find another set. As sad as I was, I wasn't going to pass it up in case I wouldn't get the chance again. I was given a discount too, so it made it even more worth it. The South Sea Pearl bottle looks crappy because I had to use polish remover to clean off the polish from the broken one. I still want Lapis Amethyst or any other color, so I might get another set if I find one and since it's cheap, it won't hurt the wallet too much.

That's it for my haul! Hope you're able to find some awesome things yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Gah! So jealous of your Ross find! I wish we had Ross stores here =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great haul!! i'm so jealous of people that live by a ross, I'm salivating after those prisms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cotton swabs are awesome..I just went to target today too, I wish I saw this post earlier! oh well..i'll make a mental note of it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)