Tuesday, November 29, 2011

China Glaze C-C-Courage

I absolutely love C-C-Courage. I got it this summer when I went to a small beauty supply store. They had some select China Glaze polishes on sale, 2 for $10. Dorothy Who? was the other one I got. I've worn C-C-Courage once and it's now one of my favorite purple polishes. It's so vibrant, sparkly, and straight up beautiful.

As you can tell from the bottle pictures below, it's packed with glitter. The glitter is silvery purple, but sometimes I swear would see flashes of pink in it when I'd move my hand. I'm not sure if I was imagining things, but I think it has subtle pink tones.

I ended up having to do three coats to make it fully opaque. I was fully aware before using it that it would dry to a slight bumpy and satiny finish. In my opinion the bumpiness wasn't so extreme that it was a turn off, nor did it take away from the beauty of the polish. Even though it was a little bumpy after top coat, as you can kind of see in the pictures, I could really care less. I still love it and in a way, the bumpy texture almost adds character.

These pictures are a few days after I painted my nails. It was hard to photograph, as most purples are, but I never knew for myself until I wore this. Sometimes it would come out totally blue! It's much more purple in real life then some of these pictures show.







If you don't have this polish in your life, I highly recommend that you go out and grab yourself a bottle! It's amazing and one of China Glaze's best in my opinion. I'll get around to swatching my bottle of Dorothy Who? soon. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I can't resist a good purple polish. What I would really love would be to find it in the original release packaging, I think I would die! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This one needs to find its way into my collection eventually... And purples ARE the hardest to photograph! It's said a lot but it's totally true haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this polish, but I just haven't worn it yet. Your swatches are pretty - makes me want to wear C-C-Courage right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)