Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog Awards!

I was given two blog awards by, A Polished Touch. Go check out her blog here if you already haven't, it's really great! Now onto the awards!



One Lovely Blog Award

The rules for this one are:
Link back to the person you got it from
Tell 7 things about yourself
Give the award to 10 bloggers


Seven Things About Me: 

1. I own 156 books but there are a handful that contain multiple books in one, so I can only imagine the number it would be if I had each individual book.

2. I love anything and everything that is Disney.

3. I have a white teddy bear that I've had since I was newly born, so he's 21 years old and his name is Memo, pronounced like Nemo, but with an M. Don't ask me why, that's what I've called him from the time I was little.

4. I despise cough syrup. The smell of Vicks cherry flavor alone makes me gag/cringe. The only kind I was ever okay with taking as a kid was the bubblegum flavored one.

5. Sushi is my favorite type of food, with Italian as a close second.

6. I must have a thing for forbidden romances because I love movies like Romeo + Juliet, Titanic, Moulin Rouge, and Tristan & Isolde.

7. I played T-ball, little league baseball, and soccer when I was little.



 

 Butterfly Award

The rules:
Link back to the person who awarded you
Answer the following questions
Award 10 other bloggers

The Questions:
1. What's your favorite song?
This is hard. I love so many songs that it's impossible to choose one. I'll go with my favorite at the moment which is Bitter Sweet Symphony from the band, The Verve. If you've seen the movie Cruel Intentions, it plays in the scenes when Kathryn is being publicly outed and Annette is driving away in Sebastian's car as flashbacks of them together play. Something about the song is haunting but beautiful, and has me playing it over and over. Seriously, go check it out, you might love it.

2. What's your favorite dessert?
Tiramisu! That's not even a hard one for me. It's so good. 

3. Who's your favorite pet?
My dogs. I only have one now, Dakota, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for Bridgette who passed away when I was 10 and Samson, better known as Sammy and Bubba, who was my childhood dog. We got him as a puppy from the pound and I grew up with him from the age of 7-20. He passed away a year ago and I miss him a lot.

4. Black or white?
Black because it goes with everything. 

5. What's your biggest fear?
Great White Sharks, so being attacked or eaten by one, or just being near one in the ocean. Also, public speaking.

6. What's your best feature?
Probably my long brown hair that has slight natural waves. It's darker than medium brown, but I'm not sure what the official color is. It's a bit darker at the roots than everywhere else and has natural red, sort of gold, highlights/tones. I also like my brown eyes and my smile. Aside from physical, I would say honesty and modesty/humility are my best features.

7. What's your everyday attitude?
Generally I'm pretty satisfied, content, and happy, but it really depends on how I'm feeling and the situation that day. 

8. What is perfection?
Things that make you happy are perfection, so in my case it's getting new books, reading books whether I'm reading them for the first time or not, listening to my favorite music, drawing, and writing.

9. What is your guilty pleasure?
I would say nail polish because I sometimes question if I really need as many bottles as I have or if I need a certain color that bad, but at the end of the day, it makes me happy.


People I'm tagging:
Anne- grape fizz nails
Carmela- Polished Indulgence
Chelsea- Nailed: A Nail Polish Blog
Frosso- Lacquer Me Silly
Jill- The Nail Polish Rehab Candidate
Ingie- fyeahilovenails
Lauren- DizzyNails
Lindsey- Neverland Nail Blog
Sarah- See Sarah Swatch


This was a long post, so kudos to you if you actually read the entire thing and thank you for checking it out! :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Melissa, how sweet of you! And you KNOW I'm right with you on the whole Great Whites thing... Eep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so, so much, Melissa!! Happy to be following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag! And I find it funny that you put being attacked by a shark side by side with public speaking :P I'm the same way though.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)