Friday, February 3, 2012

Flaky experimenting & Vampire's Blood revamped!

Last night I was bored and experimented with the flaky polishes I have! I own FingerPaints Asylum, FingerPaints Flecked, OPI I Lily Love You, and CoverGirl Pink Twinkle. It's not much, but I'm glad to have them! Aside from Flecked, which I didn't use, I wanted to see how they looked over the current polish I'm wearing, Vampire's Blood.

Here's my right hand and boy, was it hard/awkward to shoot this way! Yes, my nails on my right hand are short but growing. I know I should make them all same length, but it's hard to part with my long nails. I might do it eventually! 

Left to right: CoverGirl Pink Twinkle, OPI I Lily Love You, and FingerPaints Asylum.

Here they are in the sun!

Pink Twinkle is the most dense of the three. It's beautiful but compared to the other two, it's not super exciting. I love how I Lily Love You looks! It's cool to see all of the colors come to life. Last but not least, Asylum! It looks amazing! I love it so much. The colors are beautiful!
 
Asylum is my favorite, with I Lily Love You as a super close second! I love Pink Twinkle but like I said, not as cool next to the other two. That being said, I layered two coats of Asylum over the rest of my nails, hence my revamped Vampire's Blood manicure!



I cannot stop staring at my nails! The flakes are beautiful and I love seeing the different colors. It's even awesome in the shade! Why did I wait so long to own a flaky polish!?

9 comments:

  1. I cant find this Finger Paint flake anywhere! Where did you find yours? /=

    -Anna
    Please check out and follow my blog as well!
    http://www.goingtotheshowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at Sally Beauty, the day after Christmas. It was the only one available at the time. Sadly now they have none of the colors in stock, but I hope you can find it!

      Delete
  2. I've had better luck with Pink Twinkle over lighter colors; I think the black is too strong for its delicate nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try it over a lighter base next time! It's too washed out over the black base and I'd really like to be able to see the pink pop.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! Now that I've given Asylum a try, I want more in my stash!

      Delete
  4. Asylum is A-MAZING!

    I tagged you with 2 awards on my blog, check them out if you'd like. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I love it.

      Thank you for the tag!

      Delete
  5. It seems a night sky!

    http://esmaltesycia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)