Thursday, October 10, 2013

China Glaze It's Alive

Since Halloween is coming up, I wanted to start wearing all of my Halloween themed polishes. As of right now I only have three, but when I get some of my recent indie purchases, I'll have a few more to add. To be honest, Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, but I can appreciate a fun and beautiful polish when I see one! For today I have China Glaze It's Alive.


It's Alive is the first Halloween themed polish I ever bought when the collection came out two years ago and I'm only now just wearing it. I wish I hadn't waited so long because it's seriously gorgeous! It's a mossy green jelly base filled with what is either small hexes or circle glitters, and micro-glitters in the same color. The glitters glow and sparkle beautifully. I'm so glad I love it on my nails as much as I do in the bottle. It's so different from all of the greens I own.

The formula was a dream! It was easy applying and very opaque, even on the first coat. I only needed two coats. It was really fast drying, but that's not a surprise with a glitter like this. I barely had any clean up, which is always an added bonus. It dried a lot smoother than I thought it would, but it was still top coat hungry. I have a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri and one coat of my Orly top coat and it's not completely glass smooth like I was hoping it would be.



It's Alive, in my opinion, is one of the best Halloween polishes China Glaze has made in recent years. I'm so glad I finally pulled it out and wore it. I can't wait to try out my other Halloween polishes now!

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of this polish. I really need to get a bottle of it asap

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty and fun! It's a really unusual green, and I like that about it! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of my favorite greens ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I need to wear this soon.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)