Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My LA Kings Look!

Months ago I mentioned that I was going to a LA Kings Stanley Cup Final game with my dad. For those of you that don't follow hockey, the Kings did end up winning the Stanley Cup, which marks the second time they have won in the past two years. I couldn't be more happy about it. The game I went to was game 1 and it was an amazing experience for me since I had never been to a playoff game before and I also got to see it go into overtime, another first for me. Here's what I wore on my nails. Keep in mind I was running low on time and was severely lacking imagination.


I used black, silver, and white to match the colors on their jerseys. Not super creative as I said but I was happy with the simplicity. The black was China Glaze Liquid Leather, the silver was China Glaze Cheers To You, and the white was OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Out of the three, Liquid Leather was the easiest to use. It was opaque in two coats and applied smoothly. The one I had the most trouble with was OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Ugh, I got so frustrated with it! It went on streaky and did not want to dry whatsoever. Everyone raves about this polish and each time I have used it, I've had less than stellar results. I don't know if it's my bottle or my application, but it's not my favorite. My Rica Glossy Glam top coat really helped to make it look better.


I took a million photos at the game, some of which I thought about posting but I honestly do not feel like going through all of them. Just trust me when I say this, it was awesome. I'll never forget it. Now I'm just counting down the days that hockey is back on. I miss watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)