Thursday, February 2, 2012

Icing Vampire's Blood

I was busy last week, so I'm sorry about the lack of posts! Today I have Vampire's Blood, a polish I got at Icing when I went to the mall with a friend on Tuesday. I wanted it last time I went to Icing, but I was trying to save money. This time there was a BOGO sale, so I couldn't pass it up! I'm glad I have Vampire's Blood now!

First off, I love the name of it, because I love vampires! Aside from Twilight, I use to watch a ton of Buffy and Angel during my high school years, and I love the movie, Interview with the Vampire. As for the color, I love it, even if it's not complex or unique. It's a black base with magenta or fuchsia micro-glitter. Because the glitter is small and blends into the base, the black looks tinted, but it's really not. My mom described it as "black cherry." The formula was good too! I used two coats and they dried fast. It dried flat and a tad bumpy, but one coat of top coat made it smooth and it looks way better with it!

Pictures! These were taken today, so almost after a full day of wear. The first two are in the sun, with one close up to show the glitter and the last one is in the shade to highlight the glitter too. Sorry for the blurriness and the glare!




I haven't worn an Icing polish before, so I'm not sure how well Vampire's Blood will hold up, but I was on a site where many people deemed the brand as crap based off it's cheap price alone. In my opinion the idea of "if it's cheap, it must suck" isn't always true. Brands like Milani and Color Club aren't expensive and are great quality. Icing polishes can cost anywhere from $4-8, which I wouldn't call super cheap. I love the colors they offer and even if they're no OPI or China Glaze, I think it's worth it to try them out. So far there's no chips or shrinkage.

If you're looking to buy some Icing polishes for the first time, I obviously recommend Vampire's Blood, but also, Witches Brew, Pop a Bottle, and Epic Winning to name a few!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh this is awesome! And wow girlie, your nails are long, they must be super strong, mine are always breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I tried finding this at my local Icing and they had none in stock. I'll have to go back and check it out again, especially if they are offering a BOGO sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of these polishes but this one looks similar to a china glaze polish, I think!

    Oh and I am having a small international giveaway Here I would love if you entered!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRETTY!

    -Anna
    Please check out and follow my blog as well!
    http://www.goingtotheshowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really like that, I love colors that are almost black or black with sparkles.
    Great Blog! Would love it if you checked mine out as well! :-)
    -amanda www.maesbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)