Tuesday, May 29, 2012

China Glaze Let's Groove

So sorry about not posting the last few days. My brother's close friend of about 15 years passed away last weekend in a tragic motorcycle accident, so it was a long and slow week. You may also notice that my blog got a facelift. I'm glad the pink theme is gone, since I really love purple. My font is different too. I'm really liking it so far. What do you think?

Anyways, today I have China Glaze Let's Groove. It's a dark purple polish with red, blue, and purple shimmer. It took me a while to get it. It's from the 2009 Retro Diva collection. At CosmoProf last year I saw one random dark purple polish. I assumed it was Stella from the same collection, as it gotten my hopes up many times before, but it was Let's Groove! I couldn't buy it fast enough.

Enough rambling, here are pictures! FYI it's darker and wayyyy better in person.
 
 
The shimmer really adds that extra oomph and takes it to the next level. I love that it's dark but it's not dark enough to mistake it as a black polish. It's also a much cheaper dupe of Nars Purple Rain, which makes me love it even more.


The formula was wonderful. It flowed like butter on my nails and I only used two coats for opacity, though some nails needed three. It took a while to dry, but my coats were somewhat on the thick side, so I'm not blaming it.

If you couldn't already tell, I love Let's Groove! It's one of my top favorite purples now. It's a perfect dark purple and well worth the wait too. It's a must have for any purple lover if you ask me.

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I think I need to find this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm sorry to hear about your brother's friend :(
    On a happy note, I love your layout (Purple!!!! <3) and I love this polish color!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot. And thanks again for the layout feedback! I'm loving the polish too!

      Delete
  3. This is a stunning polish!! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's brother. My prayers are with both of your families!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

    As for the polish, it's such a pretty purple. Very vibrant and glowy! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)