Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Windestine Kizuna Swatch & Review!

I finally have some free time to post and today I have the second polish from the Windestine Little Women collection that I was sent to review. Here is Kizuna!


Kizuna's description from the Windestine Etsy page:

Kizuna consists of purple, green, and copper glitter in a brown crelly base. This polish was inspired by the strong family bond that is represented in the book Little Women. Like roots in the ground, each family member supports and helps each other grow. 'Kizuna' means 'bond' in Japanese, which is why I chose this name.

Kizuna is gorgeous! I admit that I'm not a huge fan of brown polishes, but I am loving this one. The green and purple glitter in the brown base makes it a winner in my eyes. It stands out because of it, which is always a good thing to me. I can't recall anything like it. On Windestine's Etsy page, Kizuna is shown at three coats. I however, wanted to layer it. I don't have a true brown polish in my collection. The closest I could find was China Glaze Ingrid, which isn't very dark, but it worked! I used two coats of Ingrid and one coat of Kizuna. It wasn't too thick or thin, and I had no trouble applying it. It didn't dry gritty, so I only needed one coat of my Orly top coat. 



If you didn't already know, I love Kizuna! It's another great polish from the Windestine collection that I fully recommend. Kizuna and the rest of the Little Women collection, along with other beauties from Windestine can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! The glitter mix is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty! I just love the green glitters in there. It reminds me a bit of Butter London Scuppered, which is a green glitter against a bronze/brown base. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posts like these make me want to stop avoiding indies. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)