Wednesday, November 23, 2011

China Glaze Mrs. Claus

Last year, when I was fairly new in the world of nail polish, my sister took me to CosmoProf for the first time. I was in heaven. I didn't buy anything, but my eyes landed on the China Glaze 'Tis The Season To Be Naughty And Nice collection. I wanted a handful of the colors, one of them being Mrs. Claus. I'm not a huge red polish fan, but I was in love with the tinted red polish mixed with silver red glitter. I wanted it so bad. I was super happy to find it, along with a few others from the collection, in my stocking on Christmas day.

I never did take the time to wear it though. I was always picking a color over it and it wasn't until this year that I finally wore it. I was worried at first that I wouldn't like it because of my lack of interest in red polish. I was wrongly mistakenly! It's such a beautiful polish and I can't believe I didn't wear it sooner. It's one of my favorites. What I like the most about it, is that it's versatile. It can easily be a red that you wear during the holidays, but because of the sheer red quality of it, you can get away with wearing it during the summer. It has a certain juiciness to it and it reminds me of raspberries or strawberries.

It was pretty sheer on the first coat, no surprise there to be honest. It was good on the third coat, even though it's still pretty sheer overall. I wouldn't let that factor stop you from giving this polish a try. I think the sheerness works because it gives your nails a pop of color, while also adding a base for the glitter, which it's super packed with.

First up are some bottle shots in the shade to show off the silver red glitter.




This picture isn't exactly color accurate. I don't think it's as pink.


This is a horrible low quality shot that I got when I was playing around with my camera, but it actually highlights how glittery the polish is.

While, I'm still not a red nail polish fanatic, I'll definitely be wearing this many more times in the future. If you ever come across a bottle, get it! I don't think you'll regret it. If you can't get your hands on it, apparently OPI DS Bold is an exact dupe. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)