Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sonia Kashuk Fairy Princess

Sometimes it's hard to find unique mint polishes, but I found one with Sonia Kashuk Fairy Princess. It's a mint creme with gorgeous micro blue shimmer! Plus, I love the name. Let's take a look!


I'm so happy that the shimmer is more than noticeable on the nail, but it's better in person. I was in awe after the first brush stroke. It's delicate but it's enough to make it different. It gives life to the mint base and makes it glow. As far as I know, there is no dupe for Fairy Princess. I've never seen anything quite like it before.


Too bad the formula is disappointing. It doesn't self level at all and it was patchy, even on the second coat. My coats weren't thin or super thick, but it took forever to dry. It kept denting and smearing long after application. On my ring finger nail I used unintentional thinner coats and it had less issues, but they were still there. I was so frustrated that I almost took it all off, but a third coat saved me from having to do that. Thankfully it doesn't look like a total hot mess in my pictures. 



Fairy Princess is super pretty, but I wish the formula was better. It's definitely a unique take on a mint, so I still recommend it. Maybe others will have better luck with it than I did. Sonia Kashuk polishes are available at Target for about $5.

4 comments:

  1. It's a really pretty mint color! Ah, bummer about the awful formula though.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous mint polish! That shimmer is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty! Strange that it wouldn't behave; I haven't had that problem with this brand before--maybe it's something to do with the shimmer (I've only tried cremes from her).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)