Thursday, September 12, 2013

Island Girl Island Color

Today I have a polish from Island Girl, a brand that is new to me. They are only sold in ABC Stores, which is a chain of convenience stores located mostly in Hawaii and Las Vegas. I went there during my trip to Vegas, and they have a HUGE selection of everything from cremes, shimmers, glitters, glow in the dark, and even color changing polishes, and they only cost $2.99 each and when I bought them, there was a buy two get one free deal. Of the three that I bought, one of them was a glitter and without further ado here is Island Color!


Island Color is a mix of super fine copper and silver glitters, and larger silver and pink hexagons. It's gorgeous and I don't have anything like it. I layered it over Sation Chocolate Chip Resistant. It was the only polish I could find in my stash that was a close enough match. I think they ended up working great together. I got great coverage in just one coat. I had no problems whatsoever in application. My only problem with this polish is the smell. It's not only strong, but it's kind of funky and different from a normal polish smell. I have a polish that smells like it, so it's not that big of a deal, but still. Oh, and the other two polishes I have from Island Girl have a normal polish smell.



I'm really happy with Island Color! I got it because it was gorgeous and unique, so I'm glad it doesn't disappoint when on the nail. Definitely go to an ABC Store if you're in Vegas!

2 comments:

I appreciate all comments and always take the time to read them! Please don't leave any links. If you want me to check out your blog, just email me! :)